What You Will Need.



– Photo I.D.
– Social Sec. cards or ITIN (Individual Tax ID #) for ALL family members
– All W-2’s & 1099’s (including those received for Unemployment)
– Tuition or Student interest (1098T, 1098E), Tuition Activity Stmt, Book Expenses
– Health Insurance Information for you and your dependents.   *Bring year-end pay stubshowing $$ from pay for medical insurance.
– Mortgage Interest and Property Taxes Statements
– Other forms related to taxes (Did you buy a car? a house? sell stock?)
– Copies of prior year tax returns (if you have)

For each dependent bring:

  • Social security card and date of birth
  • Proof of childcare or dependent care expenses

Senior Citizens or Those with Disabilities:

  • If Owner of Property – Paid Real Estate tax receipt
  • If Renter – Letter from Landlord with landlord’s address & phone.  Letter must include taxpayer’s name; rental address and amount of rent paid
  • Form SSA-1099 (shows social security received in tax year)
  • Proof of Disability such as Medicare card or SSI Letter
  • Retirees/Pensioners – Year-end pay stub from pension/annuity payments Or other docs showing how much you paid for medical/dental/vision insurance

For Direct Deposit – Copy of check that shows Routing & Account Number

  •  Electronic Filing Only

For general questions about VITA, please select the appropriate subject by clicking the VITA menu bar.  If you cannot find your answer on any of the VITA links, there several ways to contact us by clicking here.


Return to VITA Main Page